ATP during college

Hey guys, I was wondering if it’s possible to complete the airline career pilot program (fast track) while attending college.
Thanks

Mrunal,

The Career Pilot Program is a rather intense program, thetis how ATP is able to accomplish so much training in such a short duration of time. As such it is not possible to attend college (or work) while in the program. I think you would find yourself very overworked and your studies with both ATP and college would suffer as a result.

Chris

Mrunal,

ATP is training you to complete all your licenses and ratings in 6mos. Most other schools that’s 1.5 yrs or more. The training is FULL TIME. Cannot be done time wise. More importantly this is not theoretical science or basket weaving, this is pilot training to put you in a position where people will literally be putting their lives in your hands. It’s not to be taken casually nor should your attention be less than full.

Adam

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I was able to because I’m NOT in the Airline Career Pilot program training. If I were I’d probably take ALOT longer! :slight_smile:

Adam

Anytime. That is what we are here for.

I know colleges like Embry Riddle have their flight programs where flight instructor jobs aren’t guaranteed, but do you guys know of any colleges that have flight programs that are associated with ATP flight school fast track program so in that way you can get your hours cut down to 1000 and have a guaranteed flight instructor job after finishing those 1000 hours.
Thanks

ATP provides the flight training for Arizona State University, but it is not the fast track program as it is part of a four year college curriculum. Check out ASU’s website for more information on that.

Chris