Real Answers from Real Pilots

Arlington, tx starting in January 2019

(Zach Powell) #1

Just wanted to see if there is anyone else out there planning to start at Arlington in January

(Lindsay R Davis) #2

What school? I was hoping to start in January aswell. I’m in Irving, TX and haven’t picked a school yet.

(Zach Powell) #3

ATP at KGKY

(Lindsay R Davis) #4

Awesome!
I’m looking into ATP for sure!
Are you staying in ATP housing?
If your loan is already approved, how long did it take for you and did you use a cosigner?

(DANE HEIDELMAN) #5

I will be starting close to that time, but I’ll be at the Addison location. I still need to swing by the Arlington location just to see it first hand before I make my final decision.

(Zach Powell) #6

I’m looking into buying a house or at least renting. I’m married with 2 dogs lol. And I’m waiting until we sell our house here in Kansas before I apply for financing. Planning on making a trip down to check out the campus within the next month or so

(Lindsay R Davis) #7

@Zpowell96 awesome, I am not married but i have a BF, heres to hoping they understand our study hours during training! i havent been to see the campus yet either i still need to call ATP and see if they have my start date open and do my intro flight.

@DaneH i am probably going to be at the addison location as well because it is close to where i live now, but then again we have to move in august or so and that could be to a different area of dfw so we shall see. i guess really depends where i can start sooner in 2019.

(Zach Powell) #8

@lindsayrdavis yeah it’s going to be a bit of an adjustment, but then again I’ve been working 7 days a week for the last 7 months so maybe not lol. I guess I don’t really have any reasoning in choosing one location over the other, my wife will probably be working in Irving, but I just kinda figured Arlington would be a little bit cheaper. If you guys have any suggestions let me know!

Also I just got my first class medical last week!

Thanks

(DANE HEIDELMAN) #9

Congrats on getting the Medical. I still need to go get mine done. Hopefully we all see each other around sometime. The amount of study time will be no joke.

(Zach Powell) #10

So a few weeks ago we drove down to Arlington, checked out the school and I did my discovery flight! It made me want to start ASAP! This week I put my deposit down and am scheduled to begin January 14th! I can’t hardly get off the kings app as I prepare for my written tests!

Zach,

That is great news! I am glad that you are working on the written exams, that will be a huge benefit to you while you are in the program.

Chris