Approved!

Angel,

The people in the admissions department are experts on financing, but that doesn’t mean that they are miracle workers. If you have bad credit, or no credit, there is not much they can do for you until that improves. The banks are considering making a huge, unsecured loan and they are going to look at you very seriously before doing that.

They will work with you as much as possible, but understand that it is the banks that make the final decision.

Chris

2 Likes

Angel,

Chris is right, the banks are taking a big risk and to be honest, don’t
quote me on this, but I think the banks change their standards frequently.
I’m starting to get the idea that I was an anomaly. Call ATP and talk to
the finance experts. They have some tricks up their sleeves, but again,
there is no guarantee.

Good luck,
Tory

1 Like

I am starting class in December. What do you think is the best way for me to get to my exams? I’ve been studying the material that ATP has sent me however, I do not know where to begin?

Michael,

You need to complete the pre course study material first as that’s required. Provided you have time you should also try and complete the Private and Instrument written exams as well. For the Private use Sporty’s Study Buddy and the you need to get an access code from ATP for Sheppard Air for the rest.

Adam

1 Like

Hey Tory, can I ask how you got approved without cosigner, when it seems like everyone needs one… What exactly do you need to get approved on your own or do you know? I’m paying down my cards should be paid down under 30% except one and I make 55k/year no lates or derogatory and good history. Kirk In the finance Dept said he thought I should get approved but only with Sallie Mae, WF requires cosigner now. I’ve been paying off a lot of stuff this year and have been waiting patiently for the time to get approved, otherwise I would’ve started flight school already… Just being held back trying to pay off $1000/month getting everything paid ASAP!:anguished:

I don’t exactly know why I was approved without a co-signer. All I can tell
you is that at the time of my application I had no debt, credit score was
about 750 and income was 40k.

Tory

Oh then Kirk is right, my score should be about he same and income is good too, TX Tory

This is good to know. Ill be paying down my balances to $0 with next years tax return which should put my scores back around 740. I also make around 40k a year. It would be great to get this funding without a co-signer.

1 Like

Let me know if you get approved Ralph, I’m working on the same thing.

can you get the loan in someone else’s name who has a higher chance of getting approved? or the person who is learning how to fly can only apply for their loan?

The loan can only be in your name, but you can have a co-signer, which will greatly increase your chances of getting the loan.

1 Like