Anyone available at Louisville Location to talk or meet about enrolling?

I curious if anyone at ATP is available to meet in person or talk on the phone to discuss options before enrolling. I am a 700 hour private pilot getting ready to take ifr check ride next week. I am 39 years old and live in Cincinnati area 2 hours from Louisville location and find myself looking for a career change now that my family sold it’s 40 year business I’ve been working at for 15+ years. Flying has been a passion of mine for 10 years and I feel that now is the time to make professional flying happen if Im ever going to. I feel that a true 141 school like ATP will be needed to dive in and get it done vs accumulating ratings at my local airport with no direction. I called the generic 800 number for ATP but simply listened to someone basically read the typical 1 page magazine advertisement to me. 15-20 minutes with someone who can give me some realistic expectations and maybe getting a ball park price with my ifr rating already before entering day 1. Thanks in advance for any advice! John

You should go through this forum. I learned more about ATP and my options here than on any other website. There is a student experiences section of the forum, maybe someone from the Louisville location posted. From what I understand, the ATP program is uniform across all locations (in terms of training schedules/fleet/etc.), so there is at least an effort made to keep experiences the same across the board.

That said, I’m not an ATP student at the moment, so unfortunately I can’t give you any insight on the program.

Thanks for reply. I thought I was on an ATP forum. I am assuming ATP in Louisville or another 141 flight school associated with Sporty’s on west side of Cincinnati may be my two favorable options on location anyway.

John,

This is ATPs forum but there may or not be pilots from/at the Louisville location on here at any given time. That said a couple of things. First ATP is not a Part 141 school. In simple terms they couldn’t offer the level of accelerated training if they were. I’m surprised (and sorry) you couldn’t get the answers you wanted by calling the 800#. I suggest you try again and tell them you’d like to schedule a visit at the location. If you have any other questions regarding the career or ATP spend some time browsing the forum as most common questions have been addressed. If you don’t find the answers you seek feel free to ask any and all as that’s what we’re here for.

Adam

John,

I am currently at the Louisville location and will gladly answer any questions you my have! As said above, you can schedule a visit, but if for some reason you can’t get through you will always find someone at the location to talk with Monday through a Friday between 8 AM - 5 PM. Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Bunty

1 Like

Thank you Adam and Bunty for responding. Sorry I assumed ATP was 141, I honestly don’t care that they are not, I just want to take a full time path finishing ratings leading to the goal of professional pilot asap vs taking a lesson once per weekend at my local fbo. I believe ATP is a very potential answer to that need. Even though I’ve been working full time for 20 years, Im willing to pay the money and step away from work for a year or so as long as I can get a fairly clear understanding on what that journey at ATP will be realistically (time & money best & worst case scenario etc). Im confident I have what it takes to be groomed into a great CFI while working toward that 1500 hour mark. I just don’t want to be naïve and waste my money. I’ve been flying for 11 years and have owned 3 aircraft (1 right now) and have almost 700 hours logged with fair amount of cross country so I would like to think I have a better understanding then the 18 year old who has never soloed yet. I just need some advice / help putting a plan together. I will schedule a visit to Louisville at Clark County asap. I’ve flown in there dozens of times through the years, its a 35-40 min flight from my home airport i67. I am covered up at work tomorrow but will call asap. Is anyone around on weekends? Thank you again for both of your time! John

John,

Listen, I’m a pilot and an ATP grad (not a salesman) and I don’t know how much research you’ve done but this is probably the best time in history to get in to aviation (don’t listen to me, visit some Regional websites). The Regionals are hiring like mad and have double and tripled the salaries. With 700hrs you’ve already logged you could quite literally be at a Regional in less than 18mos. Do your research but get moving!

Adam

John,

I’m in the cincinnati area as well, and I’m a prospective pilot. Have you done your flight training at Sportys? Or did you fly out of lunken? Or even another airport? I was hoping you might be able to help me figure out if lunken or sportys would be best to fly out of.

Thanks

Robert Miller

1 Like

John,

As long as you give a heads someone may be able to meet you on the weekends, but the weekends are not a guarantee that some one may be there (Although 8/10 times someone is ). Hope to catch you there!

Regards,
Bunty