Real Answers from Real Pilots

American Airlines Cadet Program Application

(Luigi Ribera) #91

Hi Gabriel,

I did my video interview last Monday, December 17th of 2018. The process is pretty straight forwards. After you click the link to the video, it sends you to their website where you will test your microphone and camera. After that, you will be given 4 questions. It seems like they have a question bank that the automated response randomly chooses from. Then, the automated response will read the question twice and give you 1 minute to compose an answer. After this you are given 3 minutes to response. It’s little strange/awkward/intimidating recording your interview but I think everyone feels this way so don’t worry about that. Anyways, my questions were along the lines of 1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 2. What motivates you to achieve your goals? 3. What other jobs or roles have you had that will help you accomplish your goal of being a pilot? 4. I don’t remember the fourth one so sorry! I’m still waiting for a response, but Good luck! Hopefully we make it to Dallas for the in person interview!

Luigi Ribera

(Gabriel Crespin) #92

Hey Stacie,

I actually just got invited for the interview in Dallas this past Wednesday, but I am sure you did great and I hope that you get the callback soon too.

(Gabriel Crespin) #93

Hey Luigi,

I did get a call to Dallas this past Wednesday and I will pray that you get one too! When I do the in person interview I will be sure to tell you guys wha it is about! Good luck!

Gabe Crespin

(Stacie Schuchardt) #94

Awesome! Great news and best of luck to you, I’m sure you will do great. Please keep the updates coming and go knock their socks off!

(Shawn George) #95

Hello Nicholas,

I applied about a month ago, received an invitation for an video interview 2 weeks ago. It was 3 questions regarding leadership, what made you want to pursue aviation, etc. Yesterday, I found out that I was moving onto the next step of the process in Fort-Worth, Texas on January 28! I’m excited to meet other cadets and get a shot at the program. I wish you guys luck!

(Luigi Ribera) #96

Hi Nicholas,

I will be attending the January 28th interview as well! SO excited to see the facilities and the other potential cadets! Will keep everyone updated on what the in-person interview is like.

Luigi Ribera

(Stacie Schuchardt) #97

I have my in-person interview on January 29th. I’m so excited and grateful for the opportunity to move forward. I’m curious about the aptitude test and if there is any way to prepare for that in advance. Good luck to everyone on their interviews!

(Gabriel Crespin) #98

Hey y’all,

With some rescheduling my in person interview in Dallas will also be the 28th, looking forward to meeting some of you guys that are in this forum and other future cadets. I am excited to see everything that American has to offer.

Gabe Crespin

(Adam Hope) #99

Hey!

For those on the 28th/29th - mine is the 22nd! It’ll letcha know how it goes and make a post about it so you all know what to expect! :slight_smile:

(Stuart Redman) #100

Will also be attending the 29th. Seems to be an abundance of us, if we are posting about it, there must be countless others who are not aware of this thread attending as well. Best of luck everyone!

(Justin Jackson) #101

Hi Everyone!

My name is Justin Jackson. I’ve been reading through this thread for the past few months and I decided to make an account so I could interact with you all. I’d like to thank all of you for your responses as they assisted me throughout the application process!

I applied to the Cadet Academy around December 27th, 2018. They sent me the video interview email around January 5th, 2019 and I completed that on January 9th. The Cadet Academy then sent me an email regarding face-to-face interviews on January 13th. I will be interviewing on February 28th, 2019 in the Dallas/Forth Worth area and look forward to meeting you all if you’re there during that time.

Justin Jackson

(Stacie Schuchardt) #102

Hey, how did your interview go? Any surprises?

(Adam Hope) #103

It went really well! No surprises! Just get there early, meet up with other people in the interview and get to know them, and be yourself. The group interview was first (9 applicants, 2 interviewers), lunch break, followed by a couple hours of aptitude testing. Nothing you can really prepare for - just be engaged and respectful!

(Tyler Young) #104

Hey, I actually have a question about this program. I filled out an application a couple of days ago and was wondering how long does it take to hear from them? Also is it guaranteed that the applicants to hear from someone whether we move forward or not? I just don’t want to be waiting around for something that is never going to happen. haha

Thanks!

Tyler

(Adam Hope) #105

I’m not really sure if they’d email you saying that they turned down your application, but it’s always a good idea to keep in touch with them and send them follow up emails after your application! It took me a couple of months to get the interview, for others they seemed to have applied and gone through the entire process in less than a month.

(Tyler Young) #106

Thanks Adam. I just did my application on Monday so it’s pretty new. Can I ask, did u upload letters of recommendation?

(Adam Hope) #107

Yep, added everything they asked for!

(Luigi Ribera) #108

Hi guys!

I know a few of you mentioned that you’ll be interviewing January 28th, 2019 (tomorrow) and I was wondering if anyone would want to grab dinner or a drink tonight to get to know one another? I know that would make me feel more at ease for tomorrow, so just let me know if anyone is interested!

Luigi Ribera

(Gabriel Crespin) #110

Hey man! I am down to get a drink tonight, what time were you thinking?

Gabe Crespin

(Luigi Ribera) #111

Hey Gabe,

I’m thinking relatively soon since we have to be up pretty early tomorrow. Also, we should try to communicate via Facebook/whatever other social media you have. Send me a message - Luigi Ribera.