Am I too late?

Hello everyone! I just have a question. I’m 18 and I turn 19 in feburary. I really want my career to be a commercial pilot. I have my worries like all others I assume but my few questions will lay right here. Am I too late to start? I feel this way because it has taken me a year to this day and I’m only a hour or two away from my private. But I feel like it’s taken so long just because I havent been fully committed. I know this is a silly question but thank you guys!

Calob,

At 18 you’ve just finished high school and probably only have your driver’s license a few years if that many. If you check the FAQ section you’ll see we have people asking that question who are literally 3 times your age.

Short answer you’re not even close to late. The fact you’re early.

Adam

1 Like

Most definitely not. I was 23 when I began my training and was younger than most.

Is it too late to start at career at 31?

Collin,

Short answer is not even close. The average start age is actually 33. I recommend you take a look at our FAQ section where we address this and many common questions.

Adam

Collin,

Definitely not. Please take a look at the FAQ section as this is addressed in depth there.

Chris

Unfortunately after doing research, I realized that no airline would hire me because I have a DUI.

Collin,

That’s not necessarily true. If it’s a single DUI AND the rest of your record is squeaky clean AND it’s been a while since the DUI you could possibly get hired.

Adam