Almost Ready - Financing

Hello everyone,

So it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything here, but I have continued to read a lot of the posts on the forums. There has been a plethora of useful information here and I truly appreciate those who take the time to answer questions.

I’m a little disheartened though, after 1 year and 9 months to date I’ve gone through a 151 pound loss in hopes to start flight school by October 2019 I have hit a wall. Medically everything is fine and I even have my examination with an AME scheduled for next week. I took my intro flight a few weeks ago and it went swimmingly.

My issue now is the financing. My co-signer which I thought would have no issues getting approved apparently doesn’t qualify through Sallie Mae & Wells Fargo, which doesn’t make sense to me but for whatever reason the applications were denied. I want to do whatever I can to stay on track and start flight school by October 2019 as I had planned, but I’m unsure what to do now.

Anyone have any advice they can give me in regards to other financing institutions/options that may have worked for them or others?

Fernando,

Student loans are unsecured and therefore require a considerably higher level of credit. If you own a home you could look into taking out an equity loan. Otherwise you’ll just have to fine a cosigner with better credit.

I’d also do a little searching on the forum as I think some have had success splitting the loan between 2 lenders.

Adam

1 Like

Thank you Adam. I will look into it.

Thanks Adam I will see to it