Airline Pilot Questions

Hello Adam

My name is Alexander and I am at the age of 14. I am in the 8th grade and want to become a future Airline Pilot for Lufthansa Or Qatar. What do I need to do at this age and what do I do after Highschool? Thank You.

Alexander

Hi Alexander,

At your age the best thing you can do is study hard and do well in school. After High School you need to go to college and get yourself a good education and degree. The flying will come but that’s later. Both Lufthansa and Qatar require a 4yr degree with solid grades.

Adam

Adam,

Thank You! Will Do! But, After highschool do I go to a 4 year college such as UCLA or USc then attend a flight school?

Alexander

Alexander,

If I were you I would go to a four year college after high school, get your degree and then go to flight school. Keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with going to community college for two years first, then finishing up at a university.

Chris

iChris,

Thank You for the help! So I go to a Four year college get a degree and then go to flight school! Or, I can go to a community college for two years and then go to a flight school or a university? Which would be the best option? What Degrees do I get? Thank so much for your suggestions (:

Alexander

… Sorry for all the questions but If I go to a 4 year college what do I have to study? Can I get a backup plan? If so how? And what college’s are the best options? Again, So sorry for asking all these questions!!

Alexander

Alexander,

Study what you like. The airlines require a degree but are less concerned with the field of study. I recommend something other than aviation you might be interested in. It’s ALWAYS a good idea to have a backup plan.

Adam

Alex,

You can either go to a four year school, or go to a community college, then transfer to a university and then go to flight school, or you can go to a university that offers flight training (although that is the most expensive option). Any way you cut it, you need to get a four year degree.

Chris

Adam and Chris,

Thank You! I will use you’re suggestions in the future. I will study hard, go to a four year college, get a bachelors degree and then go to flight school. Lastly, I’ll follow my dream as an airline pilot. Best of luck to you both

Alexander