A couple questions concerning age, school, etc

I just recently learned of FedEx Aviation, and i’m wondering if anybody here has experience in their line of flight work and requirements / experiences. I’m 17, i graduated from a military school with a high school equivalency, is college required for aviation ? would my equivalency disqualify me from working? i do wear glasses to correct my vision but i’ve read in another thread that is okay. Is that true or not? thank you in advance for your time.

Logan,

Your GED is not a problem but yes FedEx, as most Major airlines in the US, want a 4 year degree. As long as your vision is correctable to 20/20 that’s fine too.

Fyi, FedEx is one of the top Majors in the country and getting there is no easy task. It requires a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication.

Adam

Logan,

As Adam said, FedEx is one of the premier airlines in the country. It takes years of dedication and hard work to get there. You will absolutely need a college degree to get on there.

Glasses are fine, as long as you can see 20/20 with them on.

Chris

Stacey,

In truth none of the Majors “require” a degree. You will find it listed in their preferred or competitive mins. So does that mean you can get hired without one? Sure. But it also means they’ll be reviewing everyone with a degree’s resume before they get to yours. How long will you stay at the bottom of the pile? Could be years, could be forever.

Adam

While not all of the majors specifically state that they require a four year degree, I am not aware of any that hire pilots without ones.

That is a very good idea. Many pilots before you have done just that. The payoff is well worth it on many levels.