4-Year Degree Worth

A.P.L. Community,

Will a B.A. from a 4-year state-school warrant anything when applying for commercial pilot jobs as a ATP graduate? The reason I ask is because B.S. degrees seem to be more favored than B.A. degrees from what I gather. Additionally, my B.A. is not your traditional 4-year B.A., but I sell it as a “glorified communications degree” when people ask about it. I mean, it is a 4-year degree from a accredited university. Is that something to really be concerned about?

Regards,

P

Pieter,

Nope! You’re talking to a fellow Communication Studies Grad :grin:

Tory

Pieter,

Honestly I have no idea what you mean when you say it’s “not traditional” or its a “glorified” whatever? This is really simple, either you have a 4yr Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or you don’t. If you do (BA or BS) you’re fine, if you don’t you need one.

Adam

Thanks for the reassurance @Adam @Tory That’s what I hoped!

While we’re at it, do either of you happen to know what the “9-digit certification number” is concerning the FAA 1st Class Med. Cert.? I need the aforementioned number when attempting to update/change the address online. The only 9-digit number on my med. cert. is the “Examiner’s Designation No.” which does not work when I input it in the system; I tried my SSN and that doesn’t work either.

Thanks again for your time!

Pieter,

The FAA has a number you can call to ask questions like that.

Tory

Pieter,

The “9-digit certification number” is your pilot certificate (license) number. If you don’t have a license than you don’t have one. I believe you’d just leave it blank in that case.

Adam

Thanks @Tory and @Adam